The public health system (RAMQ) covers testing for Tay-Sachs, Familial Dysautonomia and Canavan Disease.
To complete a screening program online, with no wait time, go to https://muhc.ca/med-genetics-ajprogram/page/screening-program.
To register for testing and genetic counseling, either:
- Download testing requisition form, fill it out and fax to the department (Click Referral for Genetic Screening)
- Call the genetics department (514-412-4427) and refer to “Ashkenazi Jewish Testing” OR
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Ashkenazi Jewish Testing” and include the following information in the e-mail:
- Date of birth
- Phone #
- Medicare card # (if available) and expiration date
- Why you want to be seen
The following private companies* offers testing in Quebec and elsewhere:
* Our organization is not associated with nor does it benefit from either option.